Digging Deeper: Creation, Evolution, and Intelligent Design
In this episode David, Aaron, and Pastor Geoff Starr discuss how the origins debate is much larger than just Creation vs. Evolution. They survey at a number of different viewpoints including young earth creationism, old-earth creationism, theistic evolution, materialistic evolution, and several others. They also talk about how the idea of Intelligent Design fits into this diversity of views.
- The major paper discussed in this episode (link to PDF):
- Ross, M. R. (2016). Who Believes What? Clearing up Confusion over Intelligent Design and Young-Earth Creationism. Journal of Geoscience Education, 53(3), 319–323. https://doi.org/10.5408/1089-9995-53.3.319
- Example of a Materialist Evolutionist
- Example of a Weak Theistic Evolutionist
- Example of a Strong Theistic Evolutionist
- Example of an Old Earth Creationist
- Example of a secular academic who subscribes to Intelligent Design
- Pastor Geoff referenced Jack J. Blanco who is the former dean of the School of Religion at Southern Adventist University and best known for being the author of The Clear Word paraphrase of the Bible.
- Audio production: Aaron Corbit
- Music: “Perspectives” by Kevin Macleod
- Photo from Pexels.com.